Hey! Freddie here with my ‘My Makeup Story’ by way of a (hopefully) pithy intro.
1. How old were you when you started makeup?
A friend persuaded me to buy a Miss Sporty clear mascara when we were 11 (WTF so badass). I reckon I got a little Boots 17 eyeshadow trio and Rimmel concealer around 14. I didn’t even touch foundation until I was 17!
2. How did you get into makeup?
Mostly YouTube. I watched a bunch of channels, but Bubzbeauty was probably the first beauty one. It all sort of blurs together, but at some point I came across Lisa Eldridge and Pixiwoo, and my interest grew from there. I still follow all three. ❤
3. What are some of your favourite brands?
Urban Decay, MAC, and BarryM all have a smorgasbord of neat products in their range, but some brands can’t be beat on one thing. Case in point: mascara = MaxFactor.
4. What does makeup mean to you?
To me, makeup is a hobby, a skill, and a powerful tool.
5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face, what would they be?
Eyeshadow, mascara, concealer and blush. 6. What is your favourite thing about makeup?
Its diversity and transformational-ness. Makeup can be a slick of lip gloss or it can be Klingon prosthetics. Tell me that ain’t diverse.
7. What do you think about drugstore vs. high-end makeup?
NO ONE HIGH-END MASCARA IS BETTER THAN THE RIGHT DRUGSTORE MASCARA. DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY. BUY CHANEL NO.5 INSTEAD.
8. What is one tip of advice you can give a beginner?
Get a good makeup remover! Don’t suffer with sandpaper eyelids. Micellar waters are the one.
9. What is one makeup trend you never understood?
I don’t really do brow products or heavy cream contouring. Bodes well, no?
10. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube (or Blogging Community)?
It’s inspiring and informative, and perfectly demonstrates the diversity I was talking about earlier. Side note though: Ignore online bullies – replying to comments fuels the fire.
I feel like I may have cheekily slacked off for my first post, but hopefully it has given you a bit of an insight to my attitude to makeup.
I’ll write more next Friday, in theory.