Hi guys, it’s a makeup look from me this week! I stepped out of my comfort zone with a dark, iridescent green eye using a MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow called Smutty Green. While it’s not obviously wearable, it is very beautiful, so I was determined to make it work. I envisage wearing this look on a night out, but there’s nothing stopping you werking it in the AM.
- MAC Paint Pot in Painterly all over the eye area
- Sleek Contour Kit brown shade as a transition colour in the crease using Crown C200 brush
- Barry M eye crayon in black all over mobile lid
- Blend out using Crown C431 pencil brush and MAC 217, aiming for a winged shape (these brushes are now black brushes – use with caution)
- Avoid blending black upwards into crease and regularly touch up transition colour to avoid drag queen look
- Pack MAC Smutty Green Mineralize e/s over mobile lid using wetted RT shading brush
- Deepen outer corner and wing with Makeup Geek Corrupt e/s on a pencil brush & 217
- Makeup Geek Shimma Shimma e/s on inner corner using GOSH brush
- MAC Engraved pencil on upper and lower waterlines
- Smudge lower lashline with cotton wool bud
- Curl lashes and apply mascara
- Clean up under eyes with makeup remover
I decided to roll with the eye’s clubbing vibe and make the face makeup club-proof. You’ll notice that I chose to use a face primer (keeps makeup on longer), foundation with no SPF (avoiding ghost-face for flash photos), and contour (adding facial dimension for flash photos).
- GOSH primer in oily zones
- Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation all over face using Sigma F86 brush
- Mac Pro Longwear concealer under eyes using No7 concealer brush, blending out with Sigma brush and Stila fluff
- Rimmel Stay Matte powder using puff under eyes RT powder brush for rest of face
- Sleek contour shade under cheekbones using RT blush brush
- Sleek highlight shade on high points using Crown C104 brush
- Natural Collection clear mascara through brows
- Clinique Chubby Stick in Heaping Hazelnut on the lips
Flash Photography Test
I put the makeup through its paces with my Canon’s beast of a flash! Here are the results:
As you can see, the face makeup stands up well because of the no-SPF foundation choice, and the shimmer in the eye shadow is picked up beautifully.
Would you wear this makeup or do you tend to stick to neutrals? Let me know in the comments!
Have a lovely weekend,