A very quick post today, but it may help some of you.
I have powdered my foundation for as long as I remember, because it seems to be the done thing: you apply a liquid base, and you set it with powder so it doesn’t move throughout the day.
I have dry and dehydrated skin, so have always found that while my base doesn’t slide around thanks to powdering, it does get patchy quickly throughout the day. The other day, I was watching a tutorial by Jessica (theblondemann) who essentially said “stop powdering if you’ve got dry skin – just try it”.
Jolted from habit by her suggestion, I’ve completely stopped powdering.
I have to say, so far I have only seen benefits, no drawbacks:
- My foundation lasts as long as it ever did, if not a little longer.
- When my foundation does wear off, it does so in a non-patchy way, so is much less noticeable.
- My skin looks healthier and more radiant.
- My other powder products apply with more vibrancy (especially highlighter) thanks to the slight tackiness of the un-set foundation.
- I’m pretty sure it’s contributing to less dehydrated skin.
So, to all you dry or dehydrated skinned readers, why not give it a try and let me know how you get on? There’s nothing to lose. (If you do have oily patches, try only powdering those.)